Is your garage door not opening or closing? Hopefully your garage door opener needs attention and your garage door isn’t broken. After all, it’s often more affordable and easier to repair a garage door opener. Use this post to help determine if your garage door opener is malfunctioning and what to do to fix it. If you're unable to fix it yourself, call a garage door repair service.
Why Your Garage Door Opener Isn’t Opening
- The batteries are dead - If you’re lucky the batteries in your garage door opener need to be replaced. Simply replace the batteries in your garage door opener remote and see if that does the trick.
- Hard reset - Sometimes all you need to do to fix your garage door opener is to unplug it and plug it back in. This will reset the unit and may be all you need to do to get it working again.
- Check the circuit breaker - It’s entirely possible that something tripped your circuit breaker and that’s why your garage door opener isn’t working. Check your circuit breaker and see if your garage door opener is on or off.
- Dirty eye - If the eye sensor on your garage door opener is dirty it will cause your garage door to open part of the way or not at all. Clean the eye sensor and see if that solves the problem.
- Crossed codes - If your garage door opens at will, your house isn’t haunted. It’s more likely that your neighbor’s garage door opener is set to the same frequency as yours. Simply adjust it as suggested in your garage door opener manual. If you don’t have it anymore, call your garage door repair company. They’ll be more than glad to help you.
If you try all of the above suggestions and still can’t get your garage door to open you need:
- Call your garage door repair company: Either you need to replace your garage door opener or get your garage repaired. Don’t delay. A garage door that won’t open or close can be dangerous.
Customer's Choice Garage Doors and Openers, Inc.
2807 Okeechobee Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34947